The Libreboot X200 is a modified ThinkPad X200, lightweight and durable, running on free software; the libreboot firmware (free BIOS/UEFI replacement) and Trisquel GNU/Linux-libre 7.0 LTS operating system are pre-installed.
Most computers today restrict your essential freedoms and invade your privacy. From firmware backdoors, to proprietary software in the kernel. Libreboot systems are an escape from the abuse that you would get with other computer products. Even the BIOS is replaced with free software, providing the utmost assurance that none of your software is spying on or harming you in any way. Such freedom is extremely rare, and cannot be found on most other computer systems. Even Richard Stallman uses libreboot!
Libreboot offers several practical advantages over proprietary BIOS/UEFI firmware; faster boot speeds, better security and customization to name a few. You can install GNU/Linux with full disk encryption (including the /boot/ directory), verify GPG signatures on your kernel at boot time, run a full operating system from the flash chip (coming soon!), and more.
Full Libreboot and Trisquel 7.0 LTS source code is also included with each laptop, on the main storage device.
Free tech support is also provided, for all customers. If you ever have any questions about your laptop, or need help with anything, Francis Rowe (the person running Gluglug) is always happy to answer them via email, IRC or telephone.
Francis Rowe is also the main libreboot developer. Profits from Gluglug sales directly fund the libreboot project.
The Gluglug ships worldwide. UPS is used for all shipments.
- RJ-45 ethernet cable
- 6-cell battery installed.
- AC-DC adapter (charger) included (100-240V auto-switching, works in all countries)
- UK, EU or US power cable (depending on country) included
- Docking station: ThinkPad X200 Ultrabase
Docking station specifications:
- CD/DVD RW drive included
- Ports: DisplayPort, 3x USB 2.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x VGA, RJ-45 (ethernet), slot for AC-DC adapter (charger)
- Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz processor or higher
- Graphics: Intel GMA 4500MHD
- Screen: 12.1" 1280×800 TFT LCD
- Gigabit ethernet as standard
- Ports: 1x VGA, 3x USB 2.0, 5-in-1 card reader, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x ExpressCard/54
- Size: 11.6 x 9.2 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 1.7 Kg
- Upgraded with an 802.11n wireless card (Atheros AR5B95, AR9285 chipset), ensuring full compatibility with free drivers in Trisquel GNU/Linux-libre.
Coming soon (in a future libreboot update):
- ProteanOS BusyBox/Linux-libre operating system pre-installed directly in the SPI flash chip, alongside Libreboot. This will mean that the user has a full operating system available at all times (as part of the boot firmware) as a boot menu option for recovery or any other purpose such as updating libreboot, even if the HDD or SSD is removed from the system. Those who order today will receive this as a software update when available, with installation instructions.
GNU and FSF stickers are also included. (not applied by default)
Dvorak keyboard layout available on request at no extra cost (stickers will be applied, and Trisquel will be configured to use Dvorak by default).