A laptop that respects your freedom and privacy. FSF-endorsed.
The Libreboot X200 is a modified ThinkPad X200, lightweight and durable, running entirely on free software; the libreboot firmware (free BIOS/UEFI replacement) and Trisquel GNU/Linux-libre 7.0 LTS operating system are pre-installed.
Libreboot offers several advantages over proprietary BIOS/UEFI firmware; faster boot speeds, better security and customization to name a few. You can install GNU/Linux with full disk encryption (including the /boot/ directory), verify GPG signatures on your kernel at boot time, run a full operating system from the flash chip (coming soon!), and more.
Full Libreboot and Trisquel 7.0 LTS sources are included with each laptop, on the main storage device.
The libreboot project is run by Gluglug. Each sale directly supports the Libreboot project, helping to fund further development of the software.
The Gluglug ships worldwide (free shipping). UPS is used for all shipments.
Docking station included; specifications:
- ThinkPad X200 Ultrabase
- CD/DVD RW drive included
- Ports: DisplayPort, 3x USB 2.0, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x VGA, RJ-45 (ethernet), slot for DC adapter (charger)
- CAT6 RJ-45 ethernet cable
- 6-cell battery installed.
- AC adapter included (100-240V auto-switching, works in all countries)
- UK, EU or US power cable (depending on country) included
- Core 2 Duo P8400 2.26GHz processor or higher
- Graphics: Intel GMA 4500MHD
- Screen: 12.1" 1280×800 TFT LCD
- Gigabit ethernet as standard
- Ports: 1x VGA, 3x USB 2.0, 5-in-1 card reader, 1x Headphone, 1x Microphone, 1x Gigabit Ethernet, 1x ExpressCard/54
- Size: 11.6 x 9.2 x 0.8 inches
- Weight: 1.7 Kg
- Upgraded with an 802.11n wireless card (Atheros AR5B95, AR9285 chipset), ensuring full compatibility with free drivers in Trisquel GNU/Linux-libre.
Coming soon (in a future libreboot update):
- ProteanOS BusyBox/Linux-libre operating system pre-installed directly in the SPI flash chip, alongside Libreboot. This will mean that the user has a full operating system available at all times (as part of the boot firmware) as a boot menu option for recovery or any other purpose such as updating libreboot, even if the HDD or SSD is removed from the system. Those who order today will receive this as a software update when available, with installation instructions.
GNU and FSF stickers are also included. (not applied by default)
Intel ME (and AMT): These have both been completely eliminated and do not exist on the Libreboot X200. Learn more.
Dvorak keyboard layout available on request at no extra cost (stickers will be applied, and Trisquel will be configured to use Dvorak by default).